Oh baby! This sweet, round, smaller watermelon has been enjoyed by many for years! Dark skinned fruit are about 6-8" in diameter.
Can be started inside about 4 weeks before last frost. When spring weather has been consistently warm transplant to rows or hills. Or plant seeds 36" apart outside 2 weeks after last frost in rows or hills. If possible, water during extended dry periods.
- Lifecycle: annual (vegetable)
- Time to Maturity: about 2 1/2 months
- Sun Requirement: sun
- Spacing: 36" apart
- Depth: 1 inch
- 25-35 Seeds Per Packet
- Seeds/Oz: 400
- Ideal Germination Temperature: 75F
- Sowing Method: Transplant or Direct
- Heirloom Year: 1959 Heirloom